Okay. Deep breath. Let's go.
I collect the Lime Crime velvetines. When I first discovered them, they only had three shades. I saved up my pretty pocket money and bought them all, and treasured them all. When they came out with new shades, I oohed and aaahed and ended up getting them too. But the new releases kept on coming, and seeing as I always had all of them so far, I always found myself needing the new ones to keep my collection complete. Do you see my problem? It's just not possible for me to lag behind and miss out on the new kids. It would be a sort of betrayal to all the effort (and money) I put into hoarding the lipsticks that I have.
What I'm trying to explain is that I own them all, and will likely continue to own all upcoming shades, because I 'have' to rather than because they're the syrup of perfection. Because whilst I do like them very very much, there are other cracking formulae on the market for sure.
Still, the Velvetines earn gold stars on many fronts. Should we go for bullet points? Yeah.
- gorgeous cake batter scent. You will want to lick the wand.
- a shade range worthy of a YASS. I'm that weird kid who will happily sport a blue lipstick, so the more outlandish and unique shades are a win for me and my kind. They have plenty of 'normal' shades too, but olive? Glowstick green? Periwinkle? Shut up and take my money.
- Beautiful packaging. Frosted glass tube and lid covered in roses will for sure appeal to your girly side. A definite ten out of ten on the pretty scale. As a bonus, you get your lippies sent in a floral box that is reversible and good for storing hamster bathing dust in. What do you mean that ain't glamourous?
- They're afforable. Considering some liquid matte lipsticks are well into the twenty quid range, the £15 velvetines are very fair, price-wise.
- They don't transfer or crumble or bleed, and remove easily with anything oil based.
- They're vegan and certified cruelty free. Woo.
The formula is generally 'very good', but there is some variation across the shades. Most of them are streak free and opaque and feel lightweight, but there are the odd few that might be difficult to get an even finish with, or might feel more tight. Still, even the sub par ones can be worked with with a little practice and patience.
Right. So here's how it works. The rest of this post will just be a barrage of swatches. There are some that I haven't gotten around to taking decent pictures of, but check back often as I intend to have them all up here eventually. I'll also add new shades as and when I get them. So, enjoy. x
|Lime crime flamingo- 'garden aliens' collection|
|Lime crime salem- 'the clueless witch' collection|
|Lime crime cement|
|Lime crime squash|
|Lime crime peacock|
|Lime crime beet it|
|Lime crime pink champagne- pink velve-tin|
|Lime crime cindy- 'girls girls girls' collection|
|Lime crime lulu- 'girls girls girls' collection|
|Lime crime zenon- 'garden aliens' collection|
|Lime crime red rose|
|Lime crime saint- 'true love' trio|
|Lime crime red velvet|
|Lime crime shroom|
|Lime crime black velvet- 'the clueless witch' collection|
|Lime crime rave|
|Lime crime thistle- 'livin on a prairie' collection|
|Lime crime wisteria- 'livin' on a prairie' collection|
|Lime crime scandal|
|Lime crime dreamgirl|
|Lime crime blondie|
|Lime crime raven|
|Lime crime gigi- 'girls girls girls' collection|
|Lime crime rustic- 'livin' on a prairie' collection|
|Lime crime pink velvet|
|Lime crime red hot|
|Lime crime buffy|
|Lime crime wicked- 'the clueless witch' collection|
|Lime crime cupid- 'true love' trio|
|Lime crime trouble|
|Lime crime pumpkin|
|Lime crime bleached|
|Lime crime lola- pink velve-tin|
|Lime crime eclipse|
|Lime crime raisin hell|
|Lime crime moonstone|
|Lime crime faded|
|Lime crime saddle- livin' on a prairie|
|Lime crime polly|
|Lime crime jinx|
|Lime crime elle- girls girls girls|
|Lime crime bloodmoon|
|Lime crime alien- garden aliens collection|
|Lime crime pansy|
|Lime crime riot|
|Lime crime teddy bear|
|Lime crime cashmere|
|Lime crime utopia|
|Lime crime prairie- livin' on a prairie collection|
|Lime crime teacup- garden aliens collection|
|Lime crime posh|
|Lime crime true love- true love trio|
|Lime crime fetish|
|Lime crime marshmallow- I have 2 moods duo|
|Lime crime riley- limited edition mini|