Wednesday 18 May 2016

My lime crime velvetines collection- bumper review and swatches


Okay. Deep breath. Let's go. 

I collect the Lime Crime velvetines. When I first discovered them, they only had three shades. I saved up my pretty pocket money and bought them all, and treasured them all. When they came out with new shades, I oohed and aaahed and ended up getting them too. But the new releases kept on coming, and seeing as I always had all of them so far, I always found myself needing the new ones to keep my collection complete. Do you see my problem? It's just not possible for me to lag behind and miss out on the new kids. It would be a sort of betrayal to all the effort (and money) I put into hoarding the lipsticks that I have. 

What I'm trying to explain is that I own them all, and will likely continue to own all upcoming shades, because I 'have' to rather than because they're the syrup of perfection. Because whilst I do like them very very much, there are other cracking formulae on the market for sure. 

Still, the Velvetines earn gold stars on many fronts. Should we go for bullet points? Yeah. 

  • gorgeous cake batter scent. You will want to lick the wand.
  • a shade range worthy of a YASS. I'm that weird kid who will happily sport a blue lipstick, so the more outlandish and unique shades are a win for me and my kind. They have plenty of 'normal' shades too, but olive? Glowstick green? Periwinkle? Shut up and take my money.
  • Beautiful packaging. Frosted glass tube and lid covered in roses will for sure appeal to your girly side. A definite ten out of ten on the pretty scale. As a bonus, you get your lippies sent in a floral box that is reversible and good for storing hamster bathing dust in. What do you mean that ain't glamourous?
  • They're afforable. Considering some liquid matte lipsticks are well into the twenty quid range, the £15 velvetines are very fair, price-wise. 
  • They don't transfer or crumble or bleed, and remove easily with anything oil based. 
  • They're vegan and certified cruelty free. Woo. 
The formula is generally 'very good', but there is some variation across the shades. Most of them are streak free and opaque and feel lightweight, but there are the odd few that might be difficult to get an even finish with, or might feel more tight. Still, even the sub par ones can be worked with with a little practice and patience.

Right. So here's how it works. The rest of this post will just be a barrage of swatches. There are some that I haven't gotten around to taking decent pictures of, but check back often as I intend to have them all up here eventually. I'll also add new shades as and when I get them. So, enjoy.  x

Lime crime flamingo- 'garden aliens' collection 
Lime crime salem- 'the clueless witch' collection 
Lime crime cement 
Lime crime squash 

Lime crime peacock 
Lime crime beet it 
Lime crime pink champagne- pink velve-tin 
Lime crime cindy- 'girls girls girls' collection 
Lime crime lulu- 'girls girls girls' collection 
Lime crime zenon- 'garden aliens' collection 
Lime crime red rose 
Lime crime saint- 'true love' trio 
Lime crime red velvet 
Lime crime shroom 
Lime crime black velvet- 'the clueless witch' collection 
Lime crime rave
Lime crime thistle- 'livin on a prairie' collection 
Lime crime wisteria- 'livin' on a prairie' collection 
Lime crime scandal 
Lime crime dreamgirl
Lime crime blondie 
Limecrime vibe 
Lime crime raven 
Lime crime gigi- 'girls girls girls' collection 
Lime crime rustic- 'livin' on a prairie' collection 
Lime crime pink velvet 
Lime crime red hot
Lime crime buffy
Lime crime wicked- 'the clueless witch' collection 
Lime crime cupid- 'true love' trio 
Lime crime trouble 
Lime crime pumpkin 
Lime crime bleached 
Lime crime lola- pink velve-tin 
Lime crime eclipse 
Lime crime raisin hell 
Lime crime moonstone 
Lime crime faded
Lime crime saddle- livin' on a prairie  
Lime crime polly
Lime crime jinx
Lime crime elle- girls girls girls 
Lime crime bloodmoon 
Lime crime alien- garden aliens collection 
Lime crime pansy 
Lime crime riot
Lime crime teddy bear 
Lime crime cashmere 
Lime crime utopia 
Lime crime prairie- livin' on a prairie collection 
Lime crime teacup- garden aliens collection 
Lime crime posh
Lime crime true love- true love trio
Lime crime fetish 
Lime crime marshmallow- I have 2 moods duo 
Lime crime riley- limited edition mini
Lime crime suedeberry 
Lime crime lana
Lime crime mercury 
Lime crime sasha- 'girls girls girls' collection 
Lime crime happi






























No comments:

Post a Comment