Friday 1 January 2016

TheBalm Meet Matte Hughes long lasting liquid lipstick review and swatches


I was pretty chuffed when I walked into Superdrug for a cheeky browse and was greeted with a brand spanking new counter for The Balm cosmetics. I'd been eyeing their new Meet Matt(e) Hughes liquid lipsticks for a while, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to snag one. After lots of swatching, I settled for the shade 'Honest'.

The Packaging is typical of the brand's charming and modern-retro sass. There's a cute box the lipstick comes in too, though the eco warrior in me does wonder if it's necessary. But then, at least it's recyclable. The tube itself is lovely, though I wish there was a proper stopper to control how much product the doefoot gets loaded with. 

the balm meet matte hughes
Right, so after a lot of scraping, I lifted the wand and BOOM! Mint. A very minty sweet scent, which has a cooling tingly feel on application. The scent doesn't linger once the lipstick is dry though, and weirdly, it doesn't taste minty. 

The formula is creamy and smooth and well pigmented, though not entirely opaque. It layers well and doesn't crack or crumble, and there's not a hint of streakiness. In fact, it's really quite comfortable. Very lightweight and nowhere near as drying as other liquid to matte products. Oh, and it does last for hours on end as expected, though be sure to avoid oily food. 

the balm meet matte hughes- honest
I'm SO glad I bought this shade. All the recent grey weather had me craving a bright colour, and 'honest' ticks the box for sure. It's such a happy, vibrant coral!

All in all, I'm very happy with this lippy, though at £13.50, it's at a fairly reasonable pricepoint considering the quality. Whaddyathink? Let me know your thoughts, babe.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment