Monday 18 January 2016

Makeup revolution I heart makeup lip lava- review and swatches

Sooooo. The next lippie up for review from my Makeup Revolution haul us the Lip Lava, a creamy liquid lipstick kind of thing that is a product dupe of Too Faced Melted liquified lipsticks, but a hell of a lot cheaper.  It's priced at a mere £2.99 and comes in a small shade range, of which I picked 'tremor'. Apparently, this is an exact dupe of Melted Peony.

Lip lava- tremor 

I was a little unsure about the squeeze tube packaging, thinking it would be messy and that the sponge tip wouldn't be able to define edges. Actually, it was fine. I managed to get the 'lava' on in a good clean coating. I don't know what I really expected the product to be like- maybe a creamy lacquer-ish gloss? This ain't that. It goes on creamy for sure, but it dries down to give the effect of a satin lipstick, with super opaque coverage that was fairly long lasting. 

Which was great! And you know what else was great? The colour itself. A super cute medium pink. The kind of pink the little girl in me squeals for. 

**UDATE. okay, maybe not so great. Once the formula fully dries, it can look crackly and crumbly and feels quite drying. It doesn't look noticeable with this shade because it's fairly natural, but be warned when it comes to the bolder shades. 

Are you squealing, or would you give it a pass? Lemme know what you think! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment