Saturday 23 January 2016

makeup revolution iconic pro lipstick- review and swatches


Of the Makeup Revolution lipstick haul I got, I saved the best till last. Meet the Iconic Pro lipstick.


For a budget brand, the packaging is hella sweet. Look at the rose gold detailing! Love it. This is the shade 'liberty matte'. There's an impressive shade range with these, and some of the colours (as with this one) come in two finishes. I opted for the matte rather than glossy finish, because if I'm gonna wear a purple, I want it to last and to not be streaky.


I was so impressed with it! The lipstick glided on smoothly and with great pigmentation. In the above swatch I'd applied it over lip balm, so it looks a little glossier than it ordinarily would. On bare lips though, it looks more semi-matte. It's super comfortable and hydrating, but I was worried the ultra creamy formula would fare poorly in the longevity stakes. Actually, it wasn't too bad. I had a cup of tea with (delicious) ginger biscuits and though there was transfer, my lips were very much purple by the end of it. The fact that it stains also contributes to the flattering fade, as it means you don't have to worry about nasty bare-lip patches. Oh, and it doesn't bleed at all, so no lip liner needed!

And hell, obviously the colour is gorgeous. I LOVE my purples, and this one is so funky and ugh. For £2.25, this is a must have. Like, you must have it. Go. Get it. 

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment