Wednesday 2 September 2015

George asda stay put lip gloss- review and swatches

Everyone and their dog is coming out with a liquid to matte lipstick these days, and I'm not complaining because I love 'em. Even George at ASDA have created their own version, though I ignored it for ages assuming it was a regular lipgloss. Nope, it isn't. It's a liquid to matte, and I snapped up the shade 'Sweetheart' for a mere £3.

As you can see, the tube is a little battered and worn from adventures in my bag. It's small but practical and slim so will slip easily into a purse or pocket. The doefoot applicator is stiff enough to do the job just fine.

 
Look at the colour! I love it. The formula is sheerer than most liquid to mattes so that's great for those of you who find them too bold. You can get a sweet wash of colour with this one, so it's really wearable. Fear not though pigment lovers, because opacity is definitely buildable, as shown in my swatches. I think that's an impressive punch of colour, me.

So yeah, it definitely does dry down and lasts really well, though there is some slight stickiness to the touch. It's really not bad at all though, and it doesn't bother me a jot. The best thing is, like the LA Girl matte pigment gloss (reviewed here), it's not drying in the way other liquid-mattes are. That's a huge plus for me, because crumbly desert lips are never a good look.

 
Overall, I'm really pleased with this little steal. If only they were specified as liquid-mattes rather than glosses, I think they'd be a whole lot more popular!
 
 
What do you reckon? Will you pick one up next time you do the weekly shop? 

No comments:

Post a Comment