Wednesday 22 July 2015

models own festival lipstick review and swatches

 
Well, I was browsing through Superdrug and came across a colour explosion in the Models Own stand. Ooh, a festival themed summer release. Oooh, new lippies. I came away with two because I have no willpower. One of them was a semi matte lipstick (reviewed here), and the other is this one. The festival lipstick in 'daisychain', which, going by the colour swatch on the base of the cap, I assumed would be a candy pink. But damn, it turned out to be a very light pink indeed! Let's take a look then.
 


I love love love the colourful cardboard packaging. It's actually not flimsy at all and looks very festival-ish, and is appropriately lightweight. It reminds me of those now discontinued but once much loved carboard-packaged Accessorize lipsticks.


See, a VERY pale pink. It's white-based, like the recent MAC Giambattista Valli Bianca B, but even paler. Yeah. It's a very difficult colour to pull off, and on my Asian skintone, it looks like this:


Ha! No. Gross. Luckily, though it's way too pale on its own, I found a way to make use of it, and it's now actually become a staple in my collection. I used a darker pink lipliner (this was a twist one one from Collection) to outline my lips and fill inwards a little. Then I applied 'daisychain' in the centre and blended it into the darker ring with a lip brush. Hey presto. Pretty ombre lips!


The lipstick is described as 'moisturising' and I agree- it did feel comfortable to wear and wasn't chalky to apply. Despite it being such a pale colour, it didn't apply too patchily. So all in all, I'm a fan. Stay tuned for my next post! Until then.

Kisses x

No comments:

Post a Comment