Tuesday 21 July 2015

collection field day lipstick review and swatches



Oops. I actually got this lippy when it was newly released as part of Collection cosmetics' Field Day spring release, but somehow I forgot to review it then. Better late than never though right? This one is called Tulip, one of three shades. Tulip is matte, as is one of the other shades, and the other is a gloss finish. And here's one I made earlier:

collection field day lipstick- tulip
       As you can see, the packaging is different to the regular black casing. The white and orange is definitely fresh and fun looking, though obviously more likely to appeal to teens than sophisticated coiffed and polished ladies. All the same, it's sturdy and not flimsy at all.  I noticed its really delicious scent. Now I'm usually not a fan of scented products, but this isn't overpowering and is actually really yummy smelling, so it's a win for me.

      Being a budget priced matte, I expected it to be really chalky and drying, but it actually performed quite well. There was a little patchiness on application but a lip brush or a second swipe fixed that, and it was opaque without the need for building and actually not dry. It wasn't moisturising, but it definitely didn't dry my lips out, and considering high end lippies often fail in that regard (cough cough, MAC's matte formulas), that's pretty impressive.

     The colour is a pretty, spring appropriate candy pink. It looks cooler toned on my lips that in the bullet, but I guess that's just a result of how it looks against my skintone. If this isn't your shade of pink, perhaps you'll like one of the other two shades of pink in the collection.

collection field day lipstick- tulip
      If you want to try something from the Field Day collection, I think they're available till the end of summer, so get a move on. The lipsticks are available at a cheap and cheerful £2.99 from Boots, Superdrug, and the Collection website. Let me know your thoughts, babeface xx

No comments:

Post a Comment