Monday 30 November 2015

bagsy beauty lip velvet- review and swatches


Oops I did it again. I bought another liquid matte lipstick. I am ashamed.

But hella pleased! Because it's great. Right, so there's this new British makeup brand I came across called Bagsy Beauty. It's got some super prettily packaged products at average to higher end price tags, but they all seem to be of a really high quality. I was most intrigued by their Lip Velvet, which was described as a matte liquid lipstick with sheer coverage and a moist feel. Interesting or nah? So I went and bought it.

First impressions were along the lines of 'squee!', on account of the really cute pink cardboard sleeve thingy it came in. I can't show you because I lost it like a bimbo, but believe me when I say it looks super special. It makes it feel like opening a gift, ya know?

The actual tube looks very much like the much pricier Hourglass opaque rouge, in the sense that's it's on the smaller side and is flattened. While it feels like stinginess with the Hourglass one (if you're gonna pay twenty odd quid, you'd at least expect more than a pint sized lippy), the Bagsy one is actually functional. You see, the brand is all about products being portable and handy for the woman on the go, so this slimmer tube would be ideal for slipping into a crammed bag or jeans pocket, and it won't take up much room in a clutch bag either. For £12, it's definitely more reasonable too.

Bagsy lip velvet- no frills
So. The actual formula. It wasn't what I expected, but it was very nice. It's more of a stiff mousse than a liquid, and it glides on completely matte- but doesn't dry down. There's still a little slip once it's on and the oils in it are more forgiving on dry lips (though be sure to exfoliate first or it'll cling to patches), so if you avoid regular liquid matte lipsticks, try giving this one a go. I think the formula is distinctly silicon-y, and that's where it gets its matteness from. It's smooth and fairly long lasting and doesn't sink into lines or look patchy, but it's not opaque and it's not transfer proof, so I guess it's a matter of preference really.

Oh, the shade I got is called 'no frills' and is a pale peachy nude. It's really easy to wear for casual days and I've been wearing it to uni for the past few days.

What do you think? Do you like the sound of these lip velvets or do you prefer the more tattoo-like liquid lipsticks?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment