Sunday 12 October 2014

review and swatches: Primark p.s love matte long last lipstick

My mum bought me a lipstick because I was sad. Isn't that cute? It's nowt fancy, but I really like it, and think you will too. It's from Primark, and is only £1.50! Poor kids rejoice.



   There she is. The packaging looks a lot like the Max Factor colour elixir lipsticks, though it definitely feels more lightweight. Alas, there are no names, so I can only point you to my shade by description. It looks a true red under store lighting, but is actually a sort of strawberry red, with a pinkish tinge. It's a lovely 'happy' shade, one of those reds that are easy to wear and never look stark. 

    The formula, thankfully, belies the price tag. It's matte without being drying or uncomfortable, and that's no small feat. We all know higher end brands that struggle to pull it off, right? Cough cough, mac. I really did find it to be long wearing, which I honestly wasn't expecting. Its texture really does stick, and I found it to have minimal transfer. It's well pigmented but not completely opaque. Which is good, because it makes the bright shade much more wearable. 
Primark p.s love matte long last lipstick 
    The only complaint I have (other than it not having a name, weep weep), is that it does have quite a strong stawberry scent. I didn't have too much of a problem, but some people might find it cloying. Overall though, it's a thumbs up for me, and just goes to show that budget beauty buys really can surprise you with their quality. 

What do you think? Have you tried any other shades or lip products from Primark? How did they fare? x 


No comments:

Post a Comment