Sunday 28 September 2014

review and swatches: maybelline color elixir lip lacquer


   Oops I did it again. I said I was done with lip lacquers, but here I am writing another lip lacquer post. In my defense, it's a great product and you lovely people simply deserve to hear about. In fact, it was the official lip colour of London Fashion Week. Phwoar.




    Isn't the packaging just fabulously clever? It looks like an ordinary bullet of lipstick with a plastic cap, but it twists open like a gloss. Deceptive and highly appropriate- a lacquer is, after all, a lipstick/gloss hybrid. 

    I got the shade Blush Essence, which is a 'raspberry sorbet' kind of pink, I reckon. In terms of formula and consistency, it's almost identical to the L'Oreal Extraordinaire I reviewed here, except perhaps a little lighter feeling, and a tad sheerer in terms of opacity. And seeing as I loved L'Oreal's offering, I love this one too. 


 What do you think? Do you prefer this one or the L'Oreal? x



No comments:

Post a Comment