Wednesday 14 October 2015

Laura paige city color matte lipstick review and swatches

I'm late to the party with these lippies . City Colour Cosmetics has always been a brand that I've been interested in- they seemed to have a lot of good reviews and a bunch of affordable and high quality products. Anyway, eventually I ordered one of their matte lipsticks from eBay for £2.50.


It looks decent for a budget lippy, though the lid doesn't snap on all that securely. I'm paranoid that it's gonna fall off on my bag and make a smushfest, though I suppose it won't be too bad considering the bullet isn't exposed.

city color matte lipstick- juicy melon

I got the shade 'juicy melon' which is a lovely flattering coral pink with a subtle shimmer that stops it from looking entirely flat. I really like it!

Now it's a matte, and that translates to the texture. It's quite firm and dry, with quite a bit of drag on application. That said, the pigmentation is gorgeous and it doesn't feel drying once on, though a little lip balm beforehand wouldn't hurt. Oh, and another thing to note is that it is quite strongly perfumed. The smell isn't unpleasant and it doesn't linger, but it does take some getting used to.

One great thing about this lipstick is that once on, it lasts aaaaages. There's barely any transfer and it really clings like a trooper.

So yeah. Overall it's a thumbs up. Erm, k bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment