Thursday 9 February 2017

Lime crime unicorn lipstick- review and swatches

Liquid lipsticks are fabulous and all, but nothing really beats the luxurious decadence of a creamy lipstick bullet does it?

I've been wearing a few traditional lippies in rotation of late. I have a whole bunch of them I've been meaning to review, but I'm gonna talk about Lime Crime's new unicorn lipsticks today. Mostly because, being limited edition, a review on these kids is a bit more 'urgent'.


Ah. The girly toybox whimsical bullet we know and love. The packaging is the same as the discontinued original line of unicorn lipsticks, but the colours and formula are different. Instead of the rainbow of colourful hues offered before, the new range consists of more 'wearable' shades. This is good thing if you shy away from mint green lips, but maybe disappointing if that's totally your jam. I still have my wacky colours from the old line, so I'm more than happy with the current options. I picked the shade 'soft spot', a creamy nude.

Lime crime soft stop unicorn lipstick 

Aww. I definitely have a soft spot for this colour. It's flattering nude that would work well for fair to medium skintones, but could be paired with a darker lipliner for deeper skintones too. The formula is slightly more matte than the original line, which translates to a somewhat stiffer texture but also longer wear. It's opaque and feather resistant, and while it does transfer, it's so pigmented that you still have colour on your lips for a while. I found it to be neither drying nor hydrating. I'd suggest the old scrub and balm routine before application anyway, just because it makes for a smoother canvas.

So. If you feel like you might want to try one of these, get your skates on kid. They're limited edition.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment