Saturday 1 October 2016

smashbox always on matte liquid lipstick- review and swatches

Whoa. Have I got a helluva sweet lipstick review for you today.

Ok, so you know how I have a bit of problem with collecting liquid lipsticks from every brand under the sun? Yeah. Well, that gives me grounds for lots of comparison. And the new Smashbox Always On matte liquid lipsticks are a cut above average for sure.


The tube is a typical Smashbox affair. Boxy and minimalist with a bit of attitude. It's quite short, but it seems to have as much product in it as taller tubes. I really like the applicator- it's tear shaped with a little dimple in the centre to hold all the product you need in one dip. I got perfectly clean application with a few easy sweeps, no problemo.

The formula itself is amazing. Completely opaque with no streaking or patchy areas. No feathering or clumping. Just creamy, luxurious colour that glides on to set to a moist, lightweight matte finish. Seriously. Even without lip balm underneath, it's surprisingly comfortable.

Smashbox always on matte liquid lipstick - bang bang

Behold! I got the shade Bang Bang, a punchy vibrant red that made me feel like a Hollywood doll. Do you see how cushiony the finish looks? It blew me away. And despite being so plush, it still stayed put for an impressive amount of time. I even fell asleep in it and woke up to only a little smudging. And I sleep like a BEAST.

So yeah, I'm pretty much enamoured with this lippy. It's a spendy £19, but it's so luxurious that it's hella worth it.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment